Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Lily Series

This book in hand,
I stop to listen to the happy summer sounds
of little girls young (almost...and "tween")
precious girls ☺
splashing in the pool.
You may have seen this Dove "olution"...

this cookie-cutter/plastic beauty is
what our girls are bombarded with, isn't it?
My girls already like the Lily series
(which I've found is an important advantage
in introducing a new book these days ☺)
The Beauty Book, Nancy Rue
As a mom I appreciate Nancy Rue's creative conversation
in this book of "head to toe" beauty
from a  B.w.v. (Biblical world view) God perspective.
Written in Q&A format girls will find the answers
to common questions every girl asks
during this exciting/scary/confusing/overwhelming time of life.
Each chapter has
fun quizes,
practical beauty tips,
time to talk to God,
 the "Lily pad" for personal journal and reflection. 

Yet you, Lord, are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand. Isaiah 64:8
YES! I needed Isaiah's reminder too :).
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the grocery store to buy
some plain yogurt and lemon juice ( JDI p.45)
for our very own cucumber-freshing facials.
happy summer day to you!

I received a copy of this book for the purpose of review.
I Love being a Tommy-Mommy