Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

investing in the moment...

have you seen this?
Grace "moments"
volume 1.
Grace for the Moment
I love the "moment" part. The grace too.
There are times that life needs to be looked at in big, calendar "chunks"...
for me sometimes,
one moment
and then the next moment
are enough at time.
This little book is just enough "moments" to fill a year.
 
little moments are important.
...you never know IF the sun will be
shining...
or if it's about
to LEAF storm...
(seconds after these pictures it did
in actuality pour down rain.
in fact, these were my exact words...
"QUICK, put down the rakes and start
throwing the leaves before it rains!") 
 
NOW, there is THIS
Grace for the Moment: 365 Devotions for Kids
which is 365 days worth
of the adult devo's adapted for kids. 
woo hoo!
It does not have pictures, so I would recommend this
as good bed-time parent-reading-to-precious-children material (ages 6-12)
or "child" reading to self probably ages 9-12.  Does that help?
GROWing or produced without human aid... (another great Lucado resource)
☺bonus information...Max Lucado will be speaking at the
2013 Women of Faith conferences!
 
Max Lucado loves words – written, spoken – it does not matter.
He loves to craft sentences that are memorable, inspiring and hopefully life-changing.
In almost 25 years of writing, more than 100 million products—80 million books—filled with his words have been sold.
 
 here is an example I took comparing the day of January 18
"Sowing Seeds of Peace" adult version
"Planting Seeds of Kindness" kids
 
Plant goodness,
harvest the fruit of loyalty,
plow the new ground of knowledge.
Hosea 10:12
 
 Growing in Grace kids "hands on"
Sow some flower seeds...as they grow, think about how they started from tiny seeds.  What do you think will grow from a seed of kindness?
 
"Don't forget the principle. 
Never underestimate the power of a seed." The Applause of Heaven
 
(now that I think of it, I should have used today's date...one more thing... my neighbor just walked in and gave me first choice of a hot plate of chocolate chip cookies.  If my camera was handy I would have clicked a pic to add to my cloudy day "grace moments".)
 
God knows exactly what I need. To be forgiven. 
To receive grace and mercy in my time of need. 
"in my time of need"...did you get that?!
 
I received these books for the purpose of review.