Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Nearing Home


 
 "When granted many years of life
growing old with age is natural.
but growing old with grace is a choice.
As I read this beautiful book, this song is on repeat in my head...(it is old-time King James-yish language.  If you have not heard it is worth taking the time to read every verse!)

 though toss'd about
With many a conflict,
many a doubt,
Fightings and fears within, without,
-O Lamb of God, I come!
 
I don't know how many Billy Graham (revivals) I heard/watched (even on Spanish tv).  Every one the message is the same.  God loves you.  He died for sinners.  Come to Jesus!
 
In Nearing Home Billy Graham writes of life, faith and finishing well.  He talks about the difficulties being 93 can bring.  You can hear the tender love for his wife Ruth who passed away a few years ago.   He talks about the difficulties of getting/being old.  About not retiring from life.  And a lot about heaven.  I'm glad I took the time to read this.
Growing older with grace is possible for all who will set their hearts and minds in the Giver of grace,
the Lord Jesus Christ."
 
Billy Graham, the world-renowned author, preacher, and evangelist has delivered the gospel message to more people face-to-face than anyone in history and has ministered on every continent of the world. Millions have read his inspirational classics, including ANGELS, THE SECRET OF HAPPINESS, PEACE WITH GOD, THE HOLY SPIRIT, HOPE FOR THE TROUBLED HEART, and HOW TO BE BORN AGAIN.
 
I received a copy of this book for the purpose of review.