Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Here's Lily

Here's Lily (The Lily Series)
Lily Robbins is the
charming,
 "not-so-perfect",
red-headed,
6th grader,
and
main character of this fun tween series ☺. 
My ten year old picked this first in the Lily series up and chose to stay up and read it (and she is not my book worm. smile.)  She explained to me that in the middle of Lily's "obsession" to be a model something (bad) happens.  Listen in on this little conversation Lily has with her friend Kathleen.
"I'm not beautiful right now.  Look at me."
"Have you been listening?"
"I'm ugly on the inside. 
I was supposed to look for God in modeling,
and I never did. 
 I got so wrapped up in being a show-off..."
read this book to find out WHAT happened!

As a mom, I am thankful for age appropriate reads like this one.
Also in the series,
The Beauty Book
The Body Book
Lily Robbins, MD (Medical Dabbler) is the next in the series.

Nancy Rue
Nancy is the author of the Sophie Series and contributor to the Faithgirlz! Bible. She has worked as a public school teacher, church youth director, theater workshop developer, and camp director. She has written more than eighty books for young people, including the beloved Faithgirlz! Sophie series, Beauty Lab, Girl Politics, Body Talk,, and Everybody Tells Me To Be Myself But I Don't Know Who I Am. Plus she's a contributor to the NIV Faithgirlz! Bible. Nancy lives with her husband in Lebanon, TN.
I received a copy of this book for the purpose of review.