Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

wait ...I mean, "dig" for it

The other evening R said that he had a surprise to show me in the garden.  It was drizzling out, so I had the entire remainder of the evening and night to let the suspense kill me try to figure out WHAT it might be.
Did the turtle that made a mystery appearance in our yard this summer come back?
(that someone little marked with red nail polish in order that we would be certain it was "our Myrtle" the turtle...after they (R and all the neighborhood kids) safely carried it to a more turtle friendly environment)...
 
 Was it freshly planted garlic?
 this?
 
this adorable (late) baby watermelon?
nope, nope, nope!
it was...
wonderful,
iron rich
sweet 'tatoes.
YUM.
all summer I did notice the vine
my (several) questions were deterred
to "watch for the possible poison ivy growing in the area"...
this is practically like growing "dessert" ☺.